A) Information You Provide to Us.
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in a survey, make a purchase, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, school or personal address, school or personal phone number, school or personal fax number, credit card information and any other information you choose to provide.
B) Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services.
When you access or use the Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Preferences” below.
C) Information We Collect From Other Sources.
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services.
2. Use of Information
We use information we collect about you to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, such as to administer your account and to deliver resources targeted for your specific needs. We may also use the information we collect to:
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and events offered by Outflow and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
3. Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf, including with a third-party payment processor;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of OutFlow or others;
- Between and among OutFlow and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership;
- With marketing partners or other direct marketers, so they can send you notices about their products or services; if you do not want to receive email marketing communications see “Preferences” below for opt out information.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
OutFlow takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
5. Data Retention
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it. We may retain certain information for legitimate business purposes or as required by law.
6. Transfer of Information to the U.S.
OutFlow is based in the United States and we process and store information in the U.S.
7. Residents of the European Economic Area.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data.
Legal Basis for Processing
If you are a resident of the EEA, when we process your personal data we will only do so in the following situations:
- We need to use your personal data to perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the OutFlow services you have requested).
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data. For example, we may process your personal data to send you marketing communications, to communicate with you about changes to our Services, and to provide, secure, and improve our Services.
Data Subject Requests
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights you may contact us as indicated below.
Questions or Complaints
If you are a resident of the EEA and have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. For contact details of your local Data Protection Authority, please see: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection- authorities/index_en.htm, http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data- protection-authorities/index_en.htm .
A) Account Information.
If you have established an account with us, you may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account or emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or achieved copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of our Services.
C) Promotional Communications.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from OutFlow by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
D) Your California Privacy Rights.
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Under the law, a business must either provide this information or permit California residents to opt in to, or opt out of, this type of sharing. OutFlow qualifies for this alternative option. To opt out of having information about you shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. Contact Us.